From 15 to 21 October, London Mining Network will be hosting visitors from Brazil, Colombia and Indonesia representing communities affected by the operations of the world’s biggest mining company, BHP Billiton. The company holds its AGM in London on Thursday 20 October.
There will be several opportunities to meet the visitors. Save these dates!
- Saturday 15 October, 2–9pm: Battling Giants: Frontline Resistance to BHP Billiton Around the Globe day school and social @ SOAS BOOK: bit.ly/BHP151016
- Sunday 16 October, 3-10pm: Tejiendo Raices: Film, Theatre, Workshops, Live Music @ The Hive (E8), w/ Movimiento Jaguar Despierto LINK: bit.ly/TejiendoRaices
- Monday 17 October, 5:30 – 7:30pm: Battling Giants: The Samarco disaster in Brazil, David Attenborough Building (CCI) Room 249, Pembroke Street, Cambridge (CB2 3QY) LINK: bit.ly/BHP2016Cam
- Tuesday 18 October, 6:30PM: Oil & Money conference dinner gala protest @ The Dorchester (W1K), Park Lane. Meet at King’s Arms pub (W1J) @ 6pm.
- Wednesday 19 October, 12:30–2pm: Biofuelwatch protest @ Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (SW1H) LINK: bit.ly/BiomassOct19
- Thursday 20 October, 9am: Protest the BHP Billiton AGM, QEII Conference Centre (SW1P) LINK: bit.ly/BHPagmProtest2016
- Thursday 20 October, 4–9pm: Witness, Testimony, Evidence in Response to the Mining Industry: film screenings at UCL LINK: bit.ly/BHP2016_UCL
- Friday 21 October, 9am-9pm: Witness, Testimony, Evidence in Response to the Mining Industry: conference at UCL LINK: bit.ly/BHP2016_UCL
Full details to come!